Dr. Nirupama Parwanda is an MD Dermatologist in Delhi who has had over 8 years experience in treating skin and hair related conditions. She has been an exceptional student all throughout her school and college. Her patients know her as a compassionate, caring and excellent Dermatologist.
Dr Parwanda takes the time to understand the patient’s concerns and makes them aware of their disease condition and treatment options available and tailors the treatment according to their needs along with helping them set realistic expectations. To her, each patient is unique and she feels a close bond with her patients and has high regard for the patient-doctor relationship of mutual respect.
Being a gold medalist and distinction holder in MBBS from the University of Mauritius, she completed her internship at Holy Family Hospital in New Delhi, which is one of the leading hospitals in New Delhi. Consequently, she appeared for various exams for securing entry to MD programmes in India and chose to enroll at PMCH as a candidate for an MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy) degree through the All India Post Graduate Entrance Exam.
Her interest in dermatology manifested itself during her undergraduate days, and on many occasions read texts beyond the curriculum and observed many procedures which were not required for completing the degree.
During her post-grad residency she always had the keen desire to look for every opportunity to learn conventional, and newer diagnostic and therapeutic modalities in Dermatology. She regularly attends conferences, CMEs and meets to have an exposure to the current trends and researches related to Dermatology, and to use that knowledge for the better management of her patients.
Awards and Achievements
- Awarded for paper presentation on Comparison Between Three Times And Five Times Weekly Phototherapy With NBUVB for Treating Chronic Plaque Type Psoriasis at Cuticon Bihar 2011
- Awarded for paper presentation on Evaluation of Local Anaesthesia and Pain Control in Dermatosurgical Procedures at Cuticon JH 2011
- Successfully completed the first round of Dermatology TYSA(Torrent Young scholar Award)-2012 and became one of the East Zone toppers thus qualifying for the Zonal round.
- Awarded ‘Galderma PG Academic Award 2013’ at Dermacon 2013, Ahmedabad.
- Recipient of XI International Society of Dermatology Global Education Award
- Comparison Between Three Times And Five Times Weekly Phototherapy With NBUVB for Treating Chronic Plaque Type Psoriasis at Cuticon Bihar 2011
- Evaluation of Local Anaesthesia and Pain Control in Dermatosurgical Procedures at Cuticon JH 2011
- Quality of life assessment in patients with Pemphigus at a tertiary care hospital in India at International Conference of Dermatology 2013
- Rowell’s Syndrome- a case report at Dermacon 2012, Jaipur.
- Anatomical Co-localization of Alopecia Areata and Lichen Planus at Dermacon 2013, Ahmedabad.
- Dermatology in movies at Dermacon 2013, Ahmedabad.
- Evaluation of Local Anaesthesia and Pain Control in Dermatosurgical Procedures at Dermacon 2013, Ahmedabad.
- Griscelli Syndrome: Case Report at International Conference of Dermatology, 2013
- Evaluation of local anaesthesia and pain control in Dermatosurgical procedures, World Congress of Cosmetic Dermatology 2017
- Parwanda N, Kumari N, Bhardwaj P. Darier White Disease. Indian Pediatrics 2013, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p717-8
What other Dermatologists say about Dr Parwanda?
“She is extremely hardworking and pays attention to the details. I have had Dermal fillers injected by her, her technique and skills are worth admiring and appreciating.” –Dermatologist practicing in Delhi
“I have had the privilege of both teaching and learning from Dr Parwanda during our Dermatology training as her post graduate senior.
Her compassionate and caring attitude reflected during her patient interactions and her excellent and precise surgical skills were reflected in the post procedure results delivered to the patients. ” –Assistant Professor Of Dermatology in Chhattisgarh
“I have known her as someone who is very intelligent, hardworking and extremely talented. I have together with her performed laser procedures and other dermatological procedures, her skills are praise worthy in that regard. She is very quick and sharp at analyzing a problem and brainstorming solutions. It’s a treat to work with her.” –Dermatologist practicing in Bangalore
“Dr Parwanda is very well read and up to date with the recent advances in our field. She is a great doctor to discuss cases with and to arrive at conclusions about treatment options. She is technically very sound and has an artistic eye because of which she has been delivering great results in her aesthetic practice. ” – Assistant Professor in Dermatology, Dehradun