This guide has been created by Dr Nirupama Parwanda for people searching for dermal filler treatment done in Delhi.
Table of Contents
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal Fillers is a gel-like substance which we commonly inject under the skin of the face to help achieve a more youthful and contoured face.
These Dermal Fillers are made up of Hyaluronic acid (HA) which is a naturally occurring sugar molecule found in the body that helps to hydrate and add volume to our skin.
Hyaluronic acid is otherwise also used in various cosmetic formulations and is a great solution for smoothening initial lines that appear on the superficial layer of the skin.
Dermal Fillers or Hyaluronic acid fillers or Soft tissue fillers or wrinkle fillers are US FDA approved for improving the nasolabial lines and augmenting the cheeks, chin, lips and the back of the hands.
What are Dermal Fillers Used for?
In practice, they are used for:
- Undereye circles/ Tear trough correction
- Total facial rejuvenation
- lip augmentation
- Neck and Hands rejuvenation
What do Dermal Fillers do for your skin?
This is a question often asked by a lot of our happy customers.
Remove the tired and sad look that the under-eye hollowness may give.
- Remove the tired and sad look that the under-eye hollowness may give.
- Enhance and plump the lips to help achieve more youthful lips
- Remove the saggy look by lifting and enhance the cheeks
- Remove the nasolabial lines or nasolabial folds
- Help achieve a more slim or oval face in females by chin augmentation
- One can even lift the eyebrows by injecting Dermal Fillers in the temples
- Helps to get rid of the horizontal necklines
- Dermal fillers can be injected under acne scars and facial scars to help improve their appearance.
Dermal Filler Before & After Results
What is the Cost of Dermal Fillers in Delhi?
The cost of Dermal Fillers varies from INR 18,000 to INR 27,000 per 1 ml in Delhi.
Why does the cost of vary?
- The longevity of the Dermal fillers
- Type of Dermal Filler
- Brand of Dermal Filler used
And How much do Dermal Fillers cost in India?
The cost of Dermal Fillers in India is $ 260 to $ 380 per 1 ml, in terms of Euros the cost varies from € 210 to € 310 per 1 ml.
(*This is the approx. cost and may vary depending on the current exchange rate)
To help get an approximate idea about the cost of Dermal Fillers for different areas of the face, it would be best to consult our dermatologist in Delhi in person. We follow all COVID safety precautions.
Get in touch with us.
Or, you can send us your pictures on Whatsapp at +91-8527028004 so we can help determine how many syringes or ml of Dermal Fillers you would require and we can determine the cost for you.
Amount of Dermal fillers required for common areas:
- Undereye area requires 1-2 ml
- Cheeks require 1-3 ml
- Chin requires 1-3 ml
- Lips require usually 1 ml to 2 ml
Dermal Filler Treatment in Delhi: Procedure
Dermal filler treatment is a very simple and quick procedure.
- Step 1: Assessment of the patient. The doctor has to understand the patient’s concerns regarding the volume loss or any enhancement or augmentation or sculpting that the patient desires
- Step 2: The doctor should xplain to the patient as to what changes could be achieved by the dermal fillers, how to make the changes look subtle and how many syringes might be needed to bring about the desired change.
- Step 3: Numbing cream is applied over injection sites for half an hour to forty five minutes.
- Step 4: After the anaesthetic cream is removed, the area to be injected is marked.
- Step 5: Area is cleaned with Alcohol swab.
- Step 6: The desired product filler is injected with the desired depth to plump up the skin.
- Step 7: The product is moulded in place
- Step 8: An antibiotic cream is applied on injection sites.
The procedure lasts for 15 minutes to 1 hour depending upon the amount of product or area to be injected.
If you have more questions on the procedure, please feel free to get in touch with us.
How long does the Dermal Filler last?
Dermal fillers generally last anywhere between 6 months to 2 years.
The duration of effect, be it the volumisation or the lift or countoring, depends on:
- The type of dermal filler used
- Site of injection
- How much is injected
- The metabolic rate of the patient etc
Usually, after the first few months of being injected, dermal fillers slowly start to degrade however we are still able to see visible results due to the fact that hyaluronic acid in these dermal fillers absorbs a lot of water.
If the expected duration of your filler is 2 years, usually after an year you start to notice decreased volume and it is best to get a touch up done then so that one is able to sustain the results.
Which Dermal Filler lasts the longest?
Patients want more long-lasting results. We completely understand that.
We often get asked about the Dermal filler which lasts the longest.
So here is a list of Dermal fillers available in Delhi that last longer:
At Zolie Skin clinic, we mostly use the Juvederm, Restylane, and Belotero range of Dermal fillers.
As per data and as per our experience we have seen that Juvederm voluma tends to last the longest, to nearly about 2 years.
However, it also depends on the metabolic rate of the person being injected
Popular Dermal fillers used in Delhi are:
There are a variety of Dermal fillers to choose from depending on the area of the face we are trying to augment. Some of the popular ones used are:
- Juvederm Voluma: Lasts for 1-2 years
- Juvederm Volift: Lasts for 12-18 months
- Juvederm Ultra plus XC: Lasts for 9 months to 12 months
Which is the best Dermal Filler?
There isn’t one Dermal Filler which has been deemed as the best.
Though the Juvederm range of fillers have been in use for a long period of time and have had various medical publications and studies done on them.
Which Dermal Filler would suit you?
At Zolie Skin Clinic, we will decide on the best filler suited for you depending on the area we are going to treat, the deficit that we are trying to correct or enhance, the level we are wanting to inject the Dermal Filler in and how long lasting results that you desire.
Are Dermal Fillers safe?
Short Answer: Yes!
Dermal Fillers are pretty much safe when injected in the right area of the face, in the right plane, in the right amount, and with the right product.
Some patients might experience redness, swelling, tenderness and rarely bruising, which usually goes away in 1-2 weeks.
Pretreatment instructions for Dermal Fillers
- If you have an upcoming event please schedule your Dermal Filler appointment 1-2 weeks before it.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, green tea, high sodium diet about 24-48 hours before the procedure
- Avoid taking painkillers, Aspirin, NSAIDs for 3 days to 7 days before the procedure or talk to our doctor during the consultation to help us understand your medication history.
- Avoid using retinoid-based products or other exfoliating products at least 3 to 5 days before the procedure.
What are the After-care instructions for Dermal Fillers?
- Avoid facial massage for 1 week after the procedure.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 1 day.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure or heat for 2-3 days.
- Try to sleep on your back, if possible for the two nights following your procedure.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for 2 days after the filler.
- Avoid taking painkillers for 3 to 7 days before and after the procedure.
- Avoid application of makeup for 24 hours.
Dermal Fillers for Men
Dermal Fillers for Men are becoming pretty popular in Delhi these days.
Many male patients come to us seeking a solution for the deep nasolabial lines or folds, under eye hollowness and some men desiring a more chiselled jawline.
The points that we inject in order to lift and define a male face are very different as compared to the ones that we use in females.
We mark the area of deficit and inject the volume of filler that would best enhance the features and give a male more youthful and chiselled face
At what age should you get Dermal Fillers?
The Mid-20s is often the best time to start getting Dermal Fillers injected.
People start to lose collagen around that time and fillers help maintain the natural, fresh, and youthful appearance. Also, during the 20s one requires less product or less ml of fillers as compared to when one gets to their mid-40s.
Starting early helps combat the signs of ageing and helps maintain more youthful and rejuvenated skin.
Do Dermal Fillers make you look younger?
Dermal Fillers help reduce the saggyness and give volume and definition to the face so that it looks more contoured.
Should I get Dermal Fillers on my face?
Yes! You should get that done
Our bones, muscles, ligaments, joints get weak as we grow older. Our face is no different. With age, our facial bones, ligaments, facial fat, and skin starts showing signs of aging in the form of wrinkles, lines, sagging skin, nasolabial lines, marionette lines, and thin lips.
If these changes are bothersome for you then you could definitely consider getting Dermal Fillers done.
If you would rather want to get rid of your under eye hollowness (also called as a tear trough deficit) or if you want fuller lips and a more contoured face, then Dermal fillers definitely help.
Do Dermal Fillers give instant results?
Yes, Dermal Filler results are instant!
You can see and appreciate the results immediately after the procedure.
However, the results do improve after a couple of weeks and we usually instruct patients to drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated and enhance the effect of the Dermal fillers.
These Hyaluronic acid fillers often take 2 to 4 weeks to completely integrate with the tissue and we usually advise the patient not to massage the area injected for a week.
Are Dermal Fillers better than BOTOX?
Most Dermal Fillers definitely last longer than BOTOX but that doesn’t make them better than BOTOX.
The indications for use are very different.
BOTOX acts on the muscles and helps relax the muscles of the forehead thus helping us get rid of the frown lines, wrinkles on the forehead and around the eyes.
Whereas, Dermal fillers add volume to the face, lift the sagging face, and help enhance the facial features. Both Dermal Fillers and BOTOX are needed to achieve a more youthful look.
Frequently Asked Questions on Dermal Fillers
There isn’t any issue with flying after getting Dermal Fillers done.
However, we recommend patients to be around for a week so that we could help track their progress and deal with their post-procedure concerns if any.
There are some concerns that changing air pressure in the plane can have some effect on the filler but there is not much concrete evidence.
Avoid touching or rubbing your face for 6 hours after the Dermal Filler procedure. We however suggest applying makeup only after 24 hours.
It takes about 2 weeks for the facial fillers to settle and about 2-4 weeks i.e. about a month for them to integrate with the surrounding tissue.
Read this post for other commonly asked questions on Dermal fillers, asked by our customers.