Summers have finally hit the city and I see everyone being super worried about their skin. However, there is one thing that most of us are forgetting to take care of; our lips.
Most of the people forget that it is very important to take care of lips during the summer season since our lips do not have the ability to produce natural oils the way our skin can. Today I’m going to share a couple of home remedies which will help you in making your lips plump and healthy in this heat.
1) Exfoliate – it is very crucial to exfoliate our lips in order to remove the dead skin cells and dirt from them. I recommend exfoliating every time before applying a lipstick in order to make the colour pop more.
Natural exfoliating scrub-
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
Just mix both the ingredients well and then simply apply them to your lips and massage for at least 5 minutes in order to get luscious smooth lips.
2) Chapstick – UV rays are a threat to our skin and can cause a lot of damage and our lips are no exception to it. It is highly recommended to choose a chapstick which contains SPF in order to prevent the sun damage. A chapstick which contains oranges is like a cherry on the cake since oranges have photoprotection and nourishment properties in them.
3) Dark lips – another problem which most of the people face is dark lips. Damaging UV rays can not only make your skin look dark but can also make your lips turn black. In order to cure dark lips, try using this easy saffron mix.
- 1 teaspoon of saffron
- 1 teaspoon of yogurt
Simply mix a small teaspoon of saffron with some yogurt. Make sure you apply this mix on your lips at least twice a day in order to reverse the sun damage.
4) Dry lips – a sudden temperature change can take a toll on the appearance of your lips. In order to tackle dry lips using aloe vera can be very helpful since it can not only provide them with proper moisture but can also help you in removing all the dirt and impurities near your mouth area.
5) Do not lick your lips – most of us have this habit of licking our lips when they feel dry. However, licking our lips can worsen the situation by not only making them drier but also darker. Thus, I recommend carrying a chapstick everywhere you go and applying it every time you need it.
6) Night lip cream – having a beauty regime is crucial for everyone. In order to keep your lips healthy, it is not necessary that you should opt for an elaborated beauty regime. There are a few things that one should keep in mind before they call it a day. Make sure you remove all the residue makeup from not only your face but also from your lips. Have a glass of water before you hit your bed and most importantly apply a night lip cream before sleeping.
Natural night lip cream-
- 1 tablespoon glycerine
- 1 tablespoon castor oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Just mix all the three ingredients well and leave them overnight on your lips. These ingredients will moisturize your lips and make them look healthier.
7) Keep hydrated- it is also important that you make sure that your water intake is good enough to keep your body hydrated. Most people experience chapped lips due to the low level of liquids in their body. Thus it is important to ensure that you are keeping yourself hydrated the whole day.